editor to remove noise (wind and wave) from sound file

I have a recording of a wedding at a beach, but it is very difficult
to make out the words because of the noise due to the waves and wind.
I am looking for suggestions about how to begin editing the file to
remove the noise and retain the voices.  I've looked a bit at rezound
and audacity, but haven't been able to remove the noise with them.  I
have never edited a sound file before, and was wondering if anyone had
any suggestions for other programs that might do the job, or any other
suggestions about how to do this.