Re: HP DL320 USB Problem

George Borisov wrote:
micha wrote:
What do you mean by

"...Despite this, I still had problems. ..."
(http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg446512.html)

I do not need USB (USB 1.0 it is I guess for this uhci_hcd module) on my
server. Will there appear other problems when disabling uhci_hcd?

I have a feeling that the /etc/modutils/local.aliases fix did not
 work - the module would at some point be loaded after a reboot.

The problem with removing this module is that the iLO keyboard
stops working, so you can not use iLO once Debian had booted. :-(

Did you find a way to solve this problem in the end?

I compiled a kernel without UHCI support.

Hope this helps,

I finally got it with some important hints from jef e. You can get around this problem by installing a kernel >= 2.6.17 because this problem is solved there.

Thanks,
Michael