Re: scribus-ng-1.3.3.3-dfsg-2 cannot print

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 12:20:15AM +0700, Bob Allen wrote:
> I have been trying to get scribus-ng to print but it fails with
> authentication errors.
> It worked up until just recently. I tried to xhost + as suggeted by someone
> but
> that doesn't help.
>
> Another suggestion was to compile as a user and make install as root but I
> would
> prefer to use apt-get if I can.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm using scribus 1.2.5.dfsg-2 in AMD64/Etch and noticed the same thing.
It turned out to be a missing libpostscript.so file, so I added the link
manually. After that I was able to print.

There seems to be a bug report #383152 concerning this problem.

If your scribus does not have the .so files, you can try to add the
links manually as a workaround until the bug gets fixed.

HTH,
Simo
--
:r ~/.signature