Re: How do I replace lilo with grub?

Le jeudi 31 août 2006 à 15:08 -0600, Joseph Smidt a écrit :
> I just installed Debian.  Grub failed to load but lilo worked.  Now
> that everything is installed, how do I replace lilo with grub?

It would be wise to make a boost or rescue disk (floppy or CD) before
you do that (unless you know you can do this later from another
computer, for instance). I guess your install medium should do, but make
sure you can use it to boot you installed system (try it).

Now, I've not been always wise, and there were occasions when I didn't
need a rescue system after such a change!

T.