Re: Email programs that work.

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Steve Lamb wrote:

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:24:00 -0700
From: Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Email programs that work.

Dmitri Minaev wrote:
I use Sylpheed. Not a gem, but suitable, especially with full
keyboard control. I could live with TB, too, but I was too annoyed by
its' inability to copy a sent message to 'Sent' IMAP folder (recent
messages at mozillazine forums show that the problem still
persists...)

   ....  Uhm, not sure why you believe this to be the case.  One of the
reasons I use Thunderbird is because of its ability to store sent mail on an
IMAP store.  Prior to Thunderbird it was one of the requirements of moving to
a pure IMAP store which I found lacking, even in Sylpheed-claws.  Granted that
was a few years ago so S-C might have it now.  But no, Thunderbird, as long as
I have used it (.5, .6?) has been capable of storing sent mail to an IMAP
store.  In fact, here's the relevant preference directive:

user_pref("mail.identity.id1.fcc_folder", "imap://grey@imap.dmiyu.org/outbox");

Yes, and so does Pine. I've used Pine for several years and the only thing I sometimes miss is the view and count of new messages in folder list. And yes, its imap i use.

/ernst-magne

Linux-User #310283 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
**********               and the man said              **********
(Albert Einstein)