Re: Strange Boxes instead of letter-font in X

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2006-08-18 22:31:45, schrieb Arthur Marsh:

Thanks, installing

xfonts-100dpi-transcoded and
xfonts-75dpi-transcoded

and running

fc-cache -v

You do not need this, since the packages
do it automaticaly while installing.

I've had a few cases where fc-cache didn't get run and made startups incredibly slow, so I prefer to run it anyway.

fixed the problem I had with xmms not displaying accented characters in file names and MP3 tags (-:.

Fine if it is working now.

One of my main "tests" for supporting a large number of characters is the page:

http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html

but that didn't depend on X fonts.

Arthur.

Greetings