Re: Strange Boxes instead of letter-font in X

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with fonts on one of my Debian PCs.

One PC is able to display Chinese characters in Firefox, the
other one displays boxes with numbers in them instead.

Both machines run Sid, the one that doesn't work is running a
much older install (about 2 years older than the machine that works.)

Both have the same font packages installed.

Running xlsfonts produces exactly the same output (ran it though
diff).

xset -q shows the same font paths.

fc-list I'm not sure about, because the output has some strange
characters in it and maybe messes with diff.

Any ideas what is causing the difference in results?

Thank you in advance,

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd