Re: Error 21

Damon L. Chesser wrote:

> Marc Wilson wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 11:27:08AM -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>

>>> As someone who was once a total noob with linux,
>>> I assure you a file server does need a windowing
>>> system.
>>>

>> To serve what possible need?  How does serving files require X?  How
>> does
>> having X *enhance* the ease of serving files?
>>

> It should be obvious:  Newbs like to have a GUI to SEE what they are
> doing.  Like it or not, MOST PC and server users come from windows and
> don't know what to do with out a GUI.  I mean, come on, give them a
> chance to at least learn.

Yes, considering the original poster mentioned KDE, and not GUI as a
specific subject, I think making the point that KDE isn't necessary for
server admin should be enough.

A GUI initially may well be, otherwise nobody wouldn't go to the trouble
of creating them.
If there wasn't a function for them, they'd become obsolete like
anything else.

Moving away from a GUI is a matter of _personal_ evolution, not one on
the part of the programme.
All of us here should be able to understand that.
Regards,