Re: Hey, Steve! (WAS: Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon)

Paul Johnson wrote:
> No, I just don't know history as well as you, and the 1970s were in that
> too-old-for-current-events, too-new-for-US-History gap when I was in school
> save for the order of the presidents, the gas crisis, Vietnam and Korean
> Wars.

    Ah yes, ignore the fact I had already pointed out that I am of the same
basic generation of you vis a vis UN running counter to the US for the past 2
decades.

> However, in your world, everyone but Steve Lamb is wrong, and everybody must
> worship the all knowing, all powerful brain of Steve Lamb.  Remember, the
> first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

    And the tired old tactic of "Oh, well, see, you may have proven me wrong
by pointing out pesky facts but I am still right in spite of the facts because
you only believe you're smart" defense.  AKA, the Dan Rather defense.

    Sorry Paul, you're right.  First step is admitting you have a problem.
You problem is that the facts don't support your position even though you
think they do.  Still waiting on an answer on the gas prices not matching your
claims.  No third parties since the Whigs is just another example.