Re: Annoying iptables console logging

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 09:27:43 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 24 Aug 2006, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > Uncommenting the line in /etc/sysctl.conf makes this permanent over
> > reboots. (I believe that you have to add this line yourself on Sarge.)
> >

> I think that if you add this line to /etc/init.d/klogd it should stop
> the messages:
>
> 	KLOGD="-c 5"

Yes, that works, too. (I think "-c 4" is enough for firewall messages.)
However, I have the impression that /etc/init.d/klogd is updated more
often than /etc/sysctl.conf, and then you always have to remember to add
that option again afterwards. There have been significant changes to the
/etc/init.d scripts lately; I believe it has something to do with
achieving LSB compliance. sysctl.conf seems more static to me, therefore
I prefer to implement my customizations there. (This is probably less
important on Testing and almost entirely irrelevant on Stable, though.)

--
Regards,
          Florian