Re: startx failed after I installed x-window and kde-core

2006/8/22, Kent West <westk@acu.edu>:
JerryKwok wrote:
> I just installde the Debian Sarge basic system and
> x-window-system,kde-core,nvidia driver,and startx but failed(either
> root or common account).
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier    "NVIDIA Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]"
>     Driver        "nvidia"
> EndSection

Unless I'm mistaken, the "nvidia" driver is NVidia's proprietary driver.
You might try the "nv" driver instead, or as a next resort, the "svga"
driver. May not be the best solution for you, but it might provide progress.

--
Kent
I tried the "nv",didn't work.