Re: Debian-Etch Update 08/19/2006 - AA/Font issues?

$ cat .qt/qtrc |grep Xft
enableXft=true
useXft=true

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Florian Kulzer wrote:

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 13:04:55 -0500, Mumia W. wrote:
On 08/20/2006 07:33 AM, Justin Piszcz wrote:
[...]
Nothing short of running the
gnome-settings-daemons seems to fix it, and then after I run that, it
messes up my mouse speed, keyboard repeat rate and also X DPMS settings,
what a pain!

Open the konsole and do a "xrdb -query all"; the look of fonts
changes when you run the gnome-settings-daemon partly because
of the "xft..." items the daemon sets in the resource
database. If you can mimic those settings, you can probably
avoid starting the daemon and still get better font rendering.

(This is from memory. I'm running IceWM right now.)

If the Xft settings are a problem in KDE then you have to check the
following options in ~/.qt/qtrc:

$ grep Xft ~/.qt/qtrc
enableXft=true
useXft=true