Re: Debian-Etch Update 08/19/2006 - AA/Font issues?

> From bounce-debian-user=lists=hydrus.org.uk@lists.debian.org Sun Aug 20 12:03:15 2006
> Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:00:04 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@lucidpixels.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Debian-Etch Update 08/19/2006 - AA/Font issues?

Justin,

I had similar font problems after a recent etch dist-upgrade.  I
noticed the gtk font problem with xmms.  As a work-around, you can
create .gtkrc in your home directory, and put in something like this:

  style "user-font"
   {
    fontset="-monotype-arial-medium-r-normal-*-*-90-*-*-p-*-microsoft-cp1251"
   }

  widget_class "*" style "user-font"

This doesn't address the original cause of the problem/change, I'm
afraid.

-mark