Writting on encrypted partion with Debian sarge reading with Knoppix

Hello,

for backup purposes I want to write on an encrypted partition with my Debian
Sarge system and read from that partition with Knoppix or another live-cd

Has anybody a similar setup running?

What I did:

On the Sarge side:

modprobe blowfish
modprobe cryptoloop
losetup -k 256 -e blowfish /dev/loop0 /udev/mdisk5

mkfs.ext3 /dev/loop0
mkdir /mnt/crypto
mount -t ext3 /dev/loop0 /mnt/crypto
<write on that partition>
umount /mnt/crypto
losetup -d /dev/loop0

Works fine I can remount the partition and read and write.

When it comes to knoppix now, I tried

losetup -e blowfish256 /dev/loop0 /dev/sda5  # did not accept -k parameter
mount -t ext3 /dev/loop0 /mnt/crypto

Then I got the error message:

EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
       missing codepage or other error
       (aren't you trying to mount an extended partition,
       instead of some logical partition inside?)
       dmesg | tail  or so

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks,
Rainer