Re: local mirror, apt-move, lan installation

Thus spake Greg Madden :
> Use the 'sync' option with apt-move. The man page says it will dl all
> files installed on your box.
I've tried apt-move sync, but nothing appears to happen. This could
mean that either the packages used during installation found it's
way into my repo without my knowing, or apt-sync isn't the option
I'm after.

While I can't remember the exact error message when trying to use
the local repo as the repo of choice during debian installation, I
seem to recall it stating that I was missing a Contents..gz file.
Apt-move documentation doesn't appear to cover this file, or how to
generate such a file.

What is essentially considered a valid server? What structure is
required?