Installing Sarge from source

Hi, All.

A crazy idea came to me to install Debian Sarge 3.1r2 from source.
I bought that 3DVD set, but found that there is no installer on
those disks...

Q1: in general, what is the process of installing debian from source?
Q2: in the readme on the first disk I read that I should start the
installation from Binary CD #1...
So I should also have the binary DVD-Set or maybe just the first disk
of the set?
Q3: can I use my Debian Sarge 3.1r0a binary set for that?
Q4: maybe I can just use some mini-distribution like DfS to load the
debian-installer and proceed with my source-disks?

Thanks alot.