Re: How to check ink level on HP Deskjet 5500

M-L wrote:

Thanks Jose,

But none of this works for me, printconf or otherwise, I still get the same error when trying to print, a test page or otherwise:-

Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!

I maybe don't have something installed, but what that might be has me stumped. I installed everything I could think of, and still no joy.

Thanks for your help though, more reading and looking.

Charlie

Charlie:

I believe your error may be due to some missing mime cups files. Have a look at the following thread (it describes a problem very similar to what you're describing here):

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/peripherals-hardware/38429-printer-problems.html

Let me know if it helps.  Good luck.

BTW, there's another link, but it looks like it's in Swedish (Can you translate it?):
http://www.bsdforen.de/showthread.php?t=15617

Sincerely
Jose