Re: Help obtaining kernel module for video driver [savage.ko]

Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
I am running debian-testing on linux 2.6.8 on an IBM T23 laptop. This system has been running for about 2 years. I recently upgraded XFree86 to Xorg (running 7.0.0) and now my video card direct rendering has stopped working. I extracted the following lines from my Xorg logfile:

drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "savage"
(II) SAVAGE(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) SAVAGE(0): [drm] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.
(EE) SAVAGE(0): DRI isn't enabled

I searched the computer and savage.ko is nowhere to be found. What's the best way to obtain this module under debian? I have a full kernel source tree on the machine, but I don't know if it's part of the kernel source or somewhere in X or what... I would be happy with a pointer to some good documentation.. the stuff available on the dri.freedesktop.org wiki is not very clear.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Do you have package:

xserver-xorg-video-savage