Re: Stuck with dpkg: can neither remove nor reinstall a package

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 18:57:27 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
> shell wrote:
> >
> >Looks like there has something wrong in ur globel deb database. Maybe
> >remove it from /var/lib/dpkg/ menually and reinstall will fix it.
> >Otherwise, u can also check if u can access all directory dev package
> >need.
> >
> There are several files in that directory. I can't seem to figure out
> which file I to remove. And by remove, do you mean to copy it elsewhere
> for a while and run dselect again? Also, I don't quite understand what
> your are trying to convey in your last sentence. Care to elaborate?

Is this still about the problem with gtkwifi? What you posted initially
showed that there was an issue with the post-removal script. The
contents of other files in /var/lib/dpkg/ should not have anything to do
with that. It is not not a good idea to just randomly delete files from
that directory and its subdirectories.

Did you ever try what I suggested on July 30th?

Regards,
          Florian