Re: Stuck with dpkg: can neither remove nor reinstall a package

shell wrote:

Looks like there has something wrong in ur globel deb database. Maybe remove it from /var/lib/dpkg/ menually and reinstall will fix it. Otherwise, u can also check if u can access all directory dev package need.

There are several files in that directory. I can't seem to figure out which file I to remove. And by remove, do you mean to copy it elsewhere for a while and run dselect again? Also, I don't quite understand what your are trying to convey in your last sentence. Care to elaborate?