Re: system-dependent variables

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:41:19PM EDT, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:25:49PM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
[..]

> Well, I was removed any GNUStep/ directory, the /etc/GNUStep/ and the
> $HOME/GNUStep/ and after that try to install pre-compiled (not the
> self-compiled) wmaker. Still it is not perfect, WPrefs can't find his
> icons.

hmm.. still sounds like you left something from the tarball install.

Although WPrefs usually comes packaged with wmaker it is not part of
wmaker.

Hence its name of WPrefs.app.

I was thinking that it looks like WPrefs keeps its icons in a separate
directory and since I couldn't find a WPrefs config file the paths are
probably hard-coded.

Any chance you might still be running the WPrefs that comes with the
tarball?

Also, before you did the tarball install, were you running wmaker --
the regular sarge version.  And if so did you remove it before
installing the newer (0.92) version?

If not, that would probably complicate matters further.

Sorry I can't be more precise but it's rather difficult since I wasn't
looking over your shoulder when you installed and I don't have access
to your machine.

Note, that when 0.92 was first released there were a couple of issues
where users complained about wmaker (not WPrefs, IIRC) not finding some
icons.

You may want to search the wmaker list's archive see if you find any
clues.

If all else fails you may want to subscribe to the wmaker list and
someone more knowledegeable may come up with useful suggestions.

Thanks

cga