Re: Characters: ââ Plagueing system

CJ van den Berg wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 09:35:50PM +0800, Anthony Hawkes wrote:
Hmmm after setting the ISO in the locale i get the output:
       LANGUAGE = (unset),
       LC_ALL = (unset),
       LANG = "en_AU.UTF-8"

Everything looks as it should but these error outputs are a bit iffy, any pointers?

Run "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and make sure all the locales you are using
are selected. If you're working over an ssh connection make sure you do it
on the target machine too.

Not quite sure what you mean by "on the target machine" do you mean on the machine physically?

Anyways thanks for the help guys seems to be "okay" for now, ran export LANG=en_AU.UTF-8 after selecting the language now no errors seem to be occurring and the output seem fine. Let me know also if that was a bad idea, I've added it to /etc/profile, I'm kinda noob at general stuff like this but Its what made sense at the time :)