Re: bittorrent application

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, [KS] wrote:

Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:35:06 -0400
From: "[KS]" <lists04@fastmail.fm>
To: Debian users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: bittorrent application

Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Wei Hu wrote:

µTorrent is a good one, but I have to use it with wine. This
BitTorrent client is fast and powerful. Hope native linux and FreeBSD
versions will be release soon.

On 8/11/06, Margiolas Christos <margiolas@gmail.com> wrote:
Ktorrent is very bad I have spent hours on its settings. The download is
slow and very unstable on my connection. I have a small dsl
connection 40kbs
down 12 up... I hope that noone of you has a small connection like
mine but
I can't do something the connections in Greece are some years back......
Christos

Why not use btdownloadcurses, just tune it the way U like and put the
command line in .bashrc. Make an alias to it.
I've used it for some years and haveing no problem.
Give it a try:)

/ernst-magne

I prefer rtorrent over btdownloadcurses as I can change various options
on-the-fly e.g. upload/download speed, priority of a torrent, change
number of people that can concurrently upload from you, min/max peers
etc. You can manually announce your stats to the tracker. It allows you
to run multiple torrents and save them in different directories too. And
most importantly it is small and runs while using only a few MB of RAM.

The project page http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no also claims that "On
high-bandwidth connections it is able to seed at 3 times the speed of
the official client." Not sure how true it is, but the performance has
been great with the added features.

So, if you want try rtorrent rather than µTorrent through wine.

PS: replied to Ernst by mistake than onlist.

yes, thats ok....

But I also did try rtorrent, ok app but when adding the forth torrent it craches... I'll see if I just keep useing btdownloadcurses or try find the reaseon for rtorrent to crash.