Re: Pre-installed Debian: two questions

David J Bush wrote:
I can't afford it now, but in a couple months maybe, probably
after 4.0 comes out, I may buy a system with Debian pre-installed.
But I have a nice soundcard I want to keep from my old system,
the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. There is a very helpful page about
my card at http://tinyurl.com/znro7 Quoting from this page:

"Most modern distros come with soundcore compiled as a module.
You can check this in numerous ways. The easiest way is to type.

        modinfo soundcore

Except if in the kernel device drivers -> sound -> <*> sound card support is set to Y and not M, then this won't find anything.

It's already been mentioned, but putting your own system together is by far cheaper and more satisfactory.