Re: Apache2 Manhattan Virtual Classroom

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 10:53:54AM -0400, Cary Pembleton wrote:
>  Simo,
> Yep I had added the line /home-images
> In the statement. I guess I got a bit carried away there. I had <Directory
> /home-images "home/manhat/manhat-3.1.0/images"> and I should have just had
> <Directory "home/manhat/manhat-3.1.0/images">
> So, I restarted Apache2, this started fine, navigated to
> http://franklin.pctechhelp.net/manhat-bin/doorstep and no page could be
> displayed. Error 404 the URL manhat-bin/doorstep was not found on this
> server. Now what did I do wrong?
>
> Cary

Hi,

In your posting you seem to have <Directory "home/manhat/manhat-3.1.0/images">!
Is that a typo or did you leave the "/" from the beginning on purpose?

Unless you changed the default manhat directory, make sure that your
ScriptAlias and Directory -directives have the "/" in the beginning of
the directory path.

For example ScriptAlias /manhat-bin/ /home/manhat/manhat-3.1.0/bin/
                                     ^
Remember to check all the occurences of the ScriptAlias and Directory
-directives. And remember to restart apache, if you need to change
anything.

If that does not help, could you put your manhat file somewhere
downloadable on a server, so I could download it and have a look.

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature