Re: Highlighting and annotating PDFs?

martin f krafft wrote:
> Run 'strings' on the PS it generates and you'll see that it prints
> images rather than text. I am not surprised, Firefox comes to us
> from Windows. They don't know how to deal with text over there.

This is not fair -- to use W-word on poor Firefox. No, IMHO reasons are
slightly more complicated than that. They use for printing on non-Windows,
non-Mac (I am not sure about that) platforms Xprint
<http://xprint.mozdev.org/>, which is basically X-server printing to
Postscript instead of to the screen. I don't know if you CANNOT make it
work correctly and avoid images in PDF, but it seems to me obvious that it
has to be tempting to just go with the flow and print images.

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

There are lies, damned lies, and quotes from literary icons.