Re: Highlighting and annotating PDFs?

Thibaut Paumard wrote:

> Fortunately, this statement is as false as can be. Under GNU/Linux, the
> easy way of creating a PDF from whatever is to print to PS and then run
> ps2pdf on the output. The resulting PDF is of good quality, searchable,
> and often smaller than the input PS. Using LaTeX, you can even embed
> movies in your PDF's (they won't show in acroread for linux though, only
> under windows and MacOS).

I am very happy to be proven wrong, in this case. :-D

I admit to not having created a PDF under Linux for a while. I
used pdflatex when I was writing essays for my Law degree, but I
had barely enough time to finish, let alone check that I could
search text in the PDF.

Thanks for the correction,

--
George Borisov