Re: Highlighting and annotating PDFs?

martin f krafft wrote:

> skencil (which was sketch) does not seem to import either. pstoedit,
> well, what should I say, it kinda works, except my 120 kb 20 page
> test paper is now a 24 Mb file and no longer searchable with xpdf.

Probably because most (if not all) free PDF-generating programs
take the easy way of creating PDFs i.e. exporting it as an
image-like (sorry don't know exactly what it is) file. As a
result, there is  no text/image distinction, so you will net be
able to search/select anything. Also, the files are much larger.

Adobe Acrobat, on the other hand, generates the PDFs properly, so
that text is actually text that can be searched, selected,
highlighted, etc. Granted, they have no excuse at not making the
best PDF files, having invented the format and all.

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd