Re: ATI Driver Installer ATI Installer Version: 8.27.10

Mike & Erik

You guys rocks ! Thank you so much. I simply had to translate to zsh ;-P

Mathieu

On 8/9/06, Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
Mitch wrote:
> On 08/09/06 00:12 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   Has anyone tried the new ati driver installer. Here is what I did:
>>
>> Well now all I get is: Mesa GLX Indirect (*). Is there a step that I
>> am missing ?
>>

> I use those drivers on two machines.  I build my modules with make-kpkg,
> but that's not important.  The problem is that fglrx looks for dri
> drivers in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so, but it doesn't get
> installed there.  You'll find it in /usr/lib/dri.  I'm pretty sure
> you'll need to mkdir that modules dir and then I just ln -s the dri dir.
>
> You can confirm this with 'setenv LIBGL_DEBUG verbose' (tcsh, translate
> to yours) before running glxinfo.

   BTW you can also strace fglrxinfo which will reveal what it's trying
to open

   you can specify where openGL programs look for the driver (sh and
derivates syntax):

LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH="/usr/lib/dri"
export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH

   for csh and derivates: setenv LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH "/usr/lib/dri"

        erik