Re: ATI Driver Installer ATI Installer Version: 8.27.10

On 08/09/06 00:12 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Has anyone tried the new ati driver installer. Here is what I did:
>
> Well now all I get is: Mesa GLX Indirect (*). Is there a step that I
> am missing ?

I use those drivers on two machines.  I build my modules with make-kpkg,
but that's not important.  The problem is that fglrx looks for dri
drivers in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so, but it doesn't get
installed there.  You'll find it in /usr/lib/dri.  I'm pretty sure
you'll need to mkdir that modules dir and then I just ln -s the dri dir.

You can confirm this with 'setenv LIBGL_DEBUG verbose' (tcsh, translate
to yours) before running glxinfo.

Maybe that helps, sorry if it doesn't.

Mitch