Re: Debian for business?

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 04:49:06PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
MySQL does data validation:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-data-integrity.html

I guess you're a little behind the curve ;)
Giving the client the ability to *disable* integrity checking is
*not* acceptable to any DBA worth is salt.

It's worse than that.  It comes turned off by default.  The DBA must
actively turn it on.

Well, it seems to me after reading the above link, that integrity checking can be turned off by the user *if he has enough privileges*. The statement "Giving the client the ability to [...]" is thus not generally true.
So, I would not say it is worse.

/ep