Re: mp3 players with Debian (samsung and iriver)

H.S.:

> Thinking of getting an mp3 portable player. Options are iRiver t30 and
> Samsung YP-C1Z. The latter also a radio tuner in it so this appears to
> be the preferred one. The main deciding factor for these was that they
> play OGG files.

I don't know these models, but a quick suggestion: go to
<http://rockbox.org> and consider buying a model which is supported by
Rockbox. It is a free (as in DFSG free) firmware for a variety of
portable players which is *a lot* better in almost every aspect than the
software than comes preinstalled on Iriver players. I have an Iriver
H120 and it works just beautifully with Rockbox.

See
<http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WhyRockbox> for a list of
reasons to use Rockbox.

J.