Re: email server

Kevin Coyner said...
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:54:35PM +0300, KK wrote......

> > >I use fetchmail, but one would think that'd work.
>

> You are right -- there are plenty of howto's out there.  With so
> much choice, it is easy to be confused as to where to start.

As I mentioned, I had no luck finding a HOWTO that I could follow.

> I've been down this path a few times before, and what I like best
> for an ISP style set up is this:
>
> http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/
>
> Works great with Debian.

Definitely the best I've seen. Thanks.

> Hope this doesn't further confuse you.

I'm sure it will. After installing the packages Postfix relays okay, but
no joy telneting in on 143 or 110, so time for some book work. Nice to
get a quick result, though :-)

Thanks again.

--
Best,