email server

Hi,

I want to set up a local LAN-side email server that provides POP3 and
IMAP for multiple accounts - the MUA is usually Firefox, both Windows
and Linux.

The source of the emails is from multiple POP3/IMAP accounts.

Reading some of the zillion and one HOWTOs out there is complicating the
matter - there are lots of HOWIs and no generic-ish HOWTOs that I could
find.

Where I'm at now is to use:
- postfix (with virtual mailboxes)
- courier
- getmail (I think this will work with postfix)
- clamav and spamassassin (that I understand work with getmail)

Make sense?

--
Best,
Marc