Howto debug udev hal gvm

Hi!

I'm using ubuntu dapper (2.6.15-26-386). It's lot like Debian so I hope
this is not wrong group.

Lately, I'm having problem with CD/DVD in Gnome.
I have two drives: DVDRW on /dev/hdc and DVD-ROM on /dev/hdd. When I
insert media in either drive nothing happens. When I insert USB disk it
autostarts and gnome creates icon on desktop. Formerly, I had such
behaviour for CD/DVD-s too.

If I go to "Computer" and select drive with inserted media it mounts it
and udevmonitor reports:

UEVENT[1155053676.122043] add@/module/udf
UDEV  [1155053676.123216] add@/module/udf
UEVENT[1155053676.256710] add@/module/isofs
UDEV  [1155053676.257841] add@/module/isofs
UEVENT[1155053679.762674] mount@/block/hdc

If I double click on same drive, gnome reports drive busy already mounted ...

Eject is working OK.

In hal-device-manager on insertion of media nothing happens. Nothing
happens even if I mount it manually.

I would like to re establish functionality for CD/DVD as I have with USB
drves.

Thanks!