Re: Apache2 Manhattan Virtual Classroom

Cary Pembleton wrote:
> Roberto,
> It appeared to me as though I was seeing nearly one hundred replies to posts
> which were "tagged" with dates and times after mine. Yes I know this is a
> community supported distribution and forum. Obviously "no one on this forum
> is paid to support me" That statement came from pure anger "flaming' with
> absolutely "zero" intelligence attached. Obviously you omitted to "read"
> your own previous statement about "community supported". As to "Quick
> Turnaround" I have had several posts regarding this sent to this forum for
> more than 2 weeks, I do not consider a reasonable response from someone in
> that time frame to be "expecting a fast turn around". Now  "THAT" being
> said, if this is the kind of "abuse" I can expect from this forum, I "may"
> do well to look elsewhere, but contrary to "your" feelings, I do not believe
> everyone here will respond as you have in such an "inappropriate anger
> filled reactionary" way. Now, I will say thank you for some of your
> suggestions and I will "attempt" to follow through with them. I come from a
> Red Hat Linux background, so Debian, seems to be as close a match to this
> that I can find. I "will" apologize for offending anyone here and attempt to
> refrain from any posts which might be considered angry.

You misunderstand my tone.  It is not uncommon on this list to find
people who downright expect that every person on this list should jump
to respond to a query or question or that this list should provide the
same level of service as a Gold support contract from Sun.  Also, please
be aware that there are many times where requests go unanswered for a
multitude of reasons, including: a) no one knows about the topic at
hand; b) someone does know but does not have time/is not reading list
mails/whatever; c) the individual appears to be "mooching."  I think
your situation was a combination of items 'a' and 'b'.  I don't think
'c' applies since you are new to the list and new users are generally
not perceived as taking unfair advantage of people on the list except
under extreme circumstances.

My intent was not to flame to or be angry, but to simply remind/inform
you that:

1) if you need guaranteed results, you should hire someone
2) using an abusive/combative tone will not likely gain you any friends
(the old you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar)

My apologies if I came off as angry, it has been a long few weeks for me.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez