From: Roberto C. Sanchez [mailto:roberto@familiasanchez.net]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 10:46 PM
To: carywinton@pctechhelp.net
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Apache2 Manhattan Virtual Classroom

Cary Pembleton wrote:
> Roberto,
> It appeared to me as though I was seeing nearly one hundred replies to
> posts which were "tagged" with dates and times after mine. Yes I know
> this is a community supported distribution and forum. Obviously "no
> one on this forum is paid to support me" That statement came from pure
> anger "flaming' with absolutely "zero" intelligence attached. Obviously
you omitted to "read"
> your own previous statement about "community supported". As to "Quick
> Turnaround" I have had several posts regarding this sent to this forum
> for more than 2 weeks, I do not consider a reasonable response from
> someone in that time frame to be "expecting a fast turn around". Now
> "THAT" being said, if this is the kind of "abuse" I can expect from this
forum, I "may"
> do well to look elsewhere, but contrary to "your" feelings, I do not
> believe everyone here will respond as you have in such an
> "inappropriate anger filled reactionary" way. Now, I will say thank
> you for some of your suggestions and I will "attempt" to follow
> through with them. I come from a Red Hat Linux background, so Debian,
> seems to be as close a match to this that I can find. I "will"
> apologize for offending anyone here and attempt to refrain from any posts
which might be considered angry.

You misunderstand my tone.  It is not uncommon on this list to find people
who downright expect that every person on this list should jump to respond
to a query or question or that this list should provide the same level of
service as a Gold support contract from Sun.  Also, please be aware that
there are many times where requests go unanswered for a multitude of
reasons, including: a) no one knows about the topic at hand; b) someone does
know but does not have time/is not reading list mails/whatever; c) the
individual appears to be "mooching."  I think your situation was a
combination of items 'a' and 'b'.  I don't think 'c' applies since you are
new to the list and new users are generally not perceived as taking unfair
advantage of people on the list except under extreme circumstances.

My intent was not to flame to or be angry, but to simply remind/inform you
that:

1) if you need guaranteed results, you should hire someone
2) using an abusive/combative tone will not likely gain you any friends (the
old you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar)

My apologies if I came off as angry, it has been a long few weeks for me.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez