Re: Mozilla or firefox package-what is the difference?

Matej Cepl wrote:

Marc Shapiro wrote:
I am working on removing the last vestiges of KDE from my box, which will
eliminate Konqueror, as well.

Just curious (really -- no flame intended), why do you switch from KDE and
where (Gnome?)?
Actually, I use fvwm2. I have never really liked the full Descktop Environment idea. I have a few KDE programs that I have used, but I don't like all of the additional baggage that comes along with them. Artsd, for one, is just a pain! It keeps loading, and then I have trouble with sound in non-KDE programs and I have to kill it. I also got tired of all of the kdeinit processes that kept littering my box.

I am now using mrxvt instead of konsole. Galculate and scite replace kcalc and kate. I only used konqueror for reading local HTML documentation and I now use dillo for that.

My system is cleaner, now, with fewer processes running to achieve the same functionality.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail