Re: How do I?

I would suggest you to use better objects for your posts...

Anyway, usually it is not a driver matter.

1) You have in /etc/X11/xorg.conf some lines that starts with
ModeLine, they tell which video resolutione and refresh rates can be
used with your monitor (some of these modes are standards and xorg
uses them also if you do not specify them).

2) Moreover you have a section in which you say which resolution you
want to use with your monitor (I don't remember the name of the
section sorry).

So you have to add resolution in part 2 for sure, and maybe a sepcial
modeline in part 1.

After that you can choose the resolution in kde/gnome configuration.

PAolo

--
if you have a minute to spend please visit my photogrphy site:
http://mypic.co.nr