Re: How do I?

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 21:04:16 -0500, Harold D. Skank wrote:
> People,
>
> I have Debian, 3.1r2 up and running on a Dell Optiplex machine with a
> Radeon 7000 graphics chip driving a Westinghouse, liquid x-tal, flat
> panel display.
>
> I need for it to run 1280 X 1024 resolution.  What driver should I be
> using to acheive this?

Make sure you have the package "xresprobe" installed. Then run as root:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

This will give you a few dialog pages, one of which will allow you
to select resolutions. If you can't select 1280x1024 then the driver
from Sarge might be too old. In that case you could try to switch to the
version of Xorg which is available on http://www.backports.org/.

--
Regards,
          Florian