Re: Installing Debian on a Mac Mini

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian on a Mac Mini (x86) but I'm having a silly
> little problem:
> - I have BootCamp and rEFIt installed
> - At boot time, I select the CD drive to boot
> - The CD boot loader (ISOLINUX?) starts up great and asks me to hit ENTER or F1
>
> and now the problem: the USB keyboard seems not to be recognized yet, so
> I can't hit ENTER nor F1 nor any other key for that matter.
>
> Any idea what I should do?

Well, you could remaster the ISO image, and modify the isolinux.cfg file
so it says "timeout 1". Then it'll boot past that point without a
keypress and the installer should load keyboard drivers before prompting
any more.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify

Alternatively if you can set up netbooting, you can modify the
pxelinux.cfg similarly, and not have to worry about the CD remastering
process.

--
see shy jo