Re: GRUB; reboot; next partition selection

Ice wrote:
> Hey, I'm curious if there is a way to easily select the next partition (for
> when Debian comes back up) during a reboot.
> I know that this was a feature of KDE back when I was using SuSE.
>
> I checked the man pages of Shutdown, reboot, halt, etc. and came up with
> nothing so far.  I have also googled for a bit...
>
> Anyone know a way to use "# reboot" and specify the next bootup partition? (/
> dev/hdb1 instead of /dev/hda1)

Run grub-reboot [n] where n is the number of the menu item in menu.lst
that grub should default to for the next boot only.

This requires a newer version of grub than the one in stable.
savedefault --once should be working with grub 0.97-6 and up.

--
see shy jo