Re: Fedora Core 5 on a primary HD and Debian 3.1 on a slave HD

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 10:33:01AM +0200, Dan wrote:
> > Debian. Details depend on whether the FC5 bootloader is lilo or grub.
> Joe, sorry to say that I cannot find out if I use lilo or grub on
> FC5...do you know how to find out?
> -dan
> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 16:58 +0100, Joe wrote:
> > Dan wrote:
> > > I run FC5 on one of my two HDs (the same machine).
... <snip>

You use the one that is installed, whichever that is:

Boot into FC5.
Open a console screen and login as root.
Use 'which' to determine if either lilo or grub in installed.
(Must be done as root because both are unavailable to plain users.)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net