Re: Fedora Core 5 on a primary HD and Debian 3.1 on a slave HD

Dan wrote:
I run FC5 on one of my two HDs (the same machine).
How do I create a boot procedure where I can choose
between the two OSes? If I try to install Debian on
the slave HD the installation procedure 'wipes out' the FC5 boot.
-dan

Tell Debian not to install a bootloader at the appropriate screen, then
when it reboots it will do so into FC5. Edit the FC5 bootloader to add
Debian. Details depend on whether the FC5 bootloader is lilo or grub.

Then reboot, select Debian and continue the installation, which will not
yet be complete.

It's worth adding the FC5 and Debian filesystems to each others'
/etc/fstab, with appropriate mount points, allowing easy access to the
other one. Very useful when the disaster strikes. Unless the problem is
with the FC5 bootloader, of course.