Re: GRUB; reboot; next partition selection

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 21:10 -0400, Ice wrote:
> Hey, I'm curious if there is a way to easily select the next partition
> (for when Debian comes back up) during a reboot.
> I know that this was a feature of KDE back when I was using SuSE.
>
> I checked the man pages of Shutdown, reboot, halt, etc. and came up
> with nothing so far.  I have also googled for a bit...
>
> Anyone know a way to use "# reboot" and specify the next bootup
> partition? (/dev/hdb1 instead of /dev/hda1)

I've been looking for this for quite a while.  Used it with KDE on
Kubuntu about a year ago but can't for the life fo me remember what it
is.  Googling has never helped until today. Nextboot is probably what we
are looking for. Check out this link and thanks for asking this
question.  It gave me motivation to do some more searching.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=41474&PHPSESSID=ca03e058b90