Re: Just a thought

winex/cedega works good,I can even play gta san andreas with it.

On 7/26/06, edwardsa <edwardsa@afrl.kirtland.af.mil > wrote:
Carl Fink wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 09:14:43AM +0300, David Baron wrote:
>

>> In other words, if one is willing to put in minimal effort .... YES! Go for
>> it!
>>

> Gamers I know ONLY care about gaming.  They have no motivation to swith,
> because no "cool" games are unique to Linux.

My experience is with my children, who really like KDE but want their
games (Star Wars, as well as some educational games) to run easily. In
this case, I intend to install the distro with the best record for
running windows through WINE or a commercial code on a second disk on
their computers, with the idea that, eventually, WINE will have more
successes. I'm also looking at games officially ported to linux.

There are many card and board games that I have played and enjoyed on
linux, but children really like games that look and act cool (lot's of
graphics and lots of interaction).

Art Edwards