Re: Jabber network vs. multi-protocol IM clients

Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 22:49, Steve Lamb wrote:
>> Paul Johnson wrote:
>>> So are you going to explain why I'm wrong, or do we just take the
>>> Ultimate Supreme Holy Word of Steve Lamb?
>>     I did.  Or are you unfamiliar with the term Strawman argument?
>
> I'm familiar with it, OTOH, I don't see it as a strawman, which is why I asked
> for explaination.

    Then you clearly aren't familiar with it.  I ask you, just what does SMTP
have to do with what I did say given that I didn't mention SMTP at all?

    So why are you setting up this SMTP strawman to knock down?  Furthermore,
why are you asking me to explain the obvious if you're so familiar with it?
No explanation is needed because I said no such thing.