Re: mozilla tabextensions problem since security upgrade

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 11:09:04AM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have mozilla-1.7.8 installed and this is the second time that
> tabextensions caused problems after security upgrade (dss 1053).
>
> The first time it happened after DSA-810, when I worked around the problem
> by manual installing 1.14.2005092501-2 which was in unstable/testing that
> time. I tried to report/get maintainer(r) to fix it, see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=328221 and also
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile/2005/09/msg00024.html
>
> The last comment advised me to ask debian security team to fix what they
> broke... do you find this useful?

It would be useful to contact
pkg-mozilla-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-mozilla-maintainers/)

We try hard not to break compatibility, but since there are lots
of extensions out there that make use of some corner case apis, it might
happen from time to time that some random extension breaks, especially
if those extensions make use of internal, not public interfaces.

Anyway, best would be if you can provide feedback *before* we release.
I usually announce RC security builds well ahead of release on my
site and on mailing list mentioned above.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal