Virtual PPPoE

Help please to connect the internet. I in a local network. Connection to to
the internet goes through a modem, or service which works on a sluice. Type of
connection of pppoe. In Windows such connection is done through Connect of
using and broadband connection
that requires and user name and password.

I started pppoeconf but the system at once searches a modem and does not find.
Is it needed how to connect a network modem (service), using pppd?
My provider does not know as possible in Linux to be connected.

Beforehand thankful Yura.