Re: Anybody else seeing this GTK2 bug?

> I also had this problem of the gnome-control-center screwing with the
> font sizes; that is one of the reasons why I never open it anymore. So,
> what is the difference between your setup and mine? Maybe it is a
> setting in ~/.gtkrc-2.0. Here is what I have (I had gtk2-engines-gtk-qt
> installed at one point):
> # This file was written by KDE
> # You can edit it in the KDE control center, under "GTK Styles and
> Fonts"
> include "/usr/share/themes/Qt/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
> style "user-font"
> {
>         font_name="Bitstream Vera Sans 11"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "user-font"
> gtk-theme-name="Qt"
> gtk-font-name="Bitstream Vera Sans 11"
> # ~/.gtkrc-2.0 ends above this line
> Maybe it is something in the general X setup. Do you run a font server?
> I use xfs and have it listed as the first FontPath in my xorg.conf.

I did not have a .gtkrc-2.0. I tried with yours, after installing
gtk2-engines-gtk-qt, but it didn't fix the bug. It did look different,
though. Yes, I run xfs, and I originally had only unix:/7100 listed in the
font section of xorg.conf. I also added the standard font directory paths,
but it did not have any effect.

Deleting everything gnome-related in ~ did not change anything either
(.gnome2, .gnome2_private, .gconf, .gconfd)

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen